Quick Thoughts

BLOG ON TEMPORARY VACATION
Please peruse previous posts until blogger posts again.
Thank-you for reading.

Tuesday 13 March 2012

Spring is in the Air

Just a quick light post.  I love Spring!  I enjoy Summer the most out of all the seasons because the weather is the best and I can enjoy both the indoors and outdoors equally.  Spring, however, is a promise and I think that is why I love it so.  As soon as the weather begins to change I can feel it.  No.  I can smell it!  I can't explain it exactly, and perhaps some readers will know what I mean, but I can actually smell Spring coming before the snow has even begun to melt.  That smell holds the promise of Spring and all that comes with it and everything that it leads to.  You can smell it in the breezy air that freshens up the cold staleness of winter.  It makes me giddy!

For me, Spring gets rid of the yucky crap on the ground that use to be the magic of snow, but has lots all it's glimmer.  Spring invites the rain to clean everything up, wake everything up and encourage it to start growing again.  It brings warmer temperatures that, although come Fall we will find them chilly, seem ever so warm in the Spring.  The sun begins to shine more and the days are getting longer again.  I love going for walks again without having to put on ten layers of clothing.  Even walking in the rain on warmer days is energizing; listening to the patter of the rain on the umbrella and splashing in the puddles.  I fall asleep to thunderstorms with the sound of rain on the roof and window panes.

People even seem nicer as the weather perks up and often strangers say hello in the streets.  It is like the feeling and wonder of Christmas renewed in the hope of Summer.  And that is the biggest and brightest promise of Spring; that Summer is on it's way! 

Enjoy!!!

FBM

No comments:

Post a Comment