Quick Thoughts

BLOG ON TEMPORARY VACATION
Please peruse previous posts until blogger posts again.
Thank-you for reading.

Thursday 16 February 2012

"All a girl really wants is for one guy to prove to her that they are not all the same.” ― Marilyn Monroe

My son, who is only six months old, was watching two six year old girls in a near by booth at the restaurant the other day.  He was sitting in his high chair eating lunch but kept glancing their way as he saw them playing.  As he was finishing up I suddenly hear a little voice near me say "Can we meet your baby?" and look up to see the two little girls standing there.  TY promptly pushed away his bottle and let them have a great big smile.

While I do not believe my son is a player (or will ever be) he certainly knows how to attract the ladies, even at his young age.  There are always those young adorable little boys that the young girls seem to flock to and adults find so cute.  Sometimes these boys receive far too much attention and once they get a little older their egos seem to grow right along with them.  I knew far too many of these boys when I was young.  They all had friends too, none of which were very nice.  One such boy actually thought it would be funny to feign interest in me and passed me a note one day asking me out. In the note he told me that I should call him that night at home so we could talk.  This was in elementary school of course and due to the small class I understood that, even if any boy liked me, he would be committing social suicide to admit to it; especially on paper.  I thought I'd be smart and call him to tell him off.  I even told another girl what I planned to do.  Alas, he was at a hockey game and found out I called, assuming I had fallen prey to his joke.  The tormenting lasted what seemed like forever.  When I looked for support from the one person who knew I was wise to them, she claimed I had said no such thing, clearly gaining more approval from her lie than popularity from the truth.

That is how girls can be though; conniving, and deceitful at times, as I found out over the years.  Boys are better than girls in at least that one facet.  Boys are straight up when they don't like you or are mad at you.  A boy will tell you to your face that you are being a jerk, maybe punch you for it, and move on as friends.  Girls, not so much.  There has only been one instance that I almost punched a girl.  I don't know why she hated me so much, but she acted like a friend until I found out the things she had done behind my back.

In high school I mentioned to having three boyfriends.  It turned out that one of them was fake.  No, I did not imagine him, make him up, or be mistaken about him being my boyfriend.  Okay, the last one is true.  You see, that girl I mentioned apparently did not trust her boyfriend and thought he was going to leave her to go out with me.  I would somehow go along with this?  She enlisted a friend of hers from another school, who she knew that I liked, to ask me out and date me until she was secure with her boyfriend again.  Then he broke up with me.  I don't think any of the people involved in that mess ended up together.  If she had talked to me directly she would have discovered that I never liked her boyfriend in the first place so all that deceit was for nothing.

Unfortunately, this same girl took it upon herself to be my publicity committee when she found out, from the father, that I was pregnant.  Needless to say she conveniently did so well before I was ready to tell anyone.  Thank goodness I had a few good friends who told her where to go when she approached them.  Sad thing is that many close friends were also lost because they didn't like hearing such news through the grapevine and felt betrayed by me not telling them myself.  As time went by I was able to patch up things with these people but we were never as close as we were before hand. I never talked to that girl again.

It is funny how fast people mature at university.  I suppose it has something to do with living on your own and having more responsibilities.  I think many girls mature faster than boys (not all, but many).  As I said, I dated more in university and really got to know what kind of guy I was looking for.  In my freshman year guys seemed big on the pickup lines.  My favourite was when this guy approached me in chemistry lab and commented that he had seen me on a magazine cover, hadn't he? 

I worked at the campus pub for the last two years of school and got to know the groupers (see last post) from a long way off.  I came in early before my shift one day to grab a bite and this guy I had seen around campus came and sat beside me.  Started suspiciously chatting me up. Nice weather we are having, eh? Am I enjoying my classes? Am I finding my way around campus alright?  Around campus? This last one took me back and I stopped for a second.  "I would hope so since I have been here for three years."  He took a quick look at me, got up and left.  Just as I thought, a frosh chaser.  One of those lovely guys who prey on the unknowing freshmen.  Be a nice guy, show them around, no intentions, right?  It is such a high school gag and so grouper.            

FBM

No comments:

Post a Comment